Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Test Commentary

So, there are some things to complain about this round of testing:

(1) It was rather like a jigsaw puzzle than a knowledge test (regulator of an inhibitor and inhibition of said inhibitor)
(2) There were things on there that didn't exist in the book (H3K9)
            ---The only reason I lucked out was because I happened to be looking at histone acetylation on Wikipedia while studying, and Wiki mentioned the H3K9 and H3K27 as referring to the respective lysines).
(3) I'm sure there are multitudes of things that confused you.  If you have suggestions on how I should present material differently, please comment or message me.  What I'm going to do is to put all textbook notes I take on here AND any extraneous information I happen to find while on Wikipedia/Google.  I will still synthesize my study guide based on the lecture summaries, though, b/c that's really the meat of things.

P.S. I'm very sorry to the people who don't approve of my review session/study guide.  No one is being forced to go, and if it isn't helping people, why would they attend?  As long as someone wants help, I'm very happy to help them.  If everyone can get A's and B's, why not?  I have heard that the intention of making CellBio extremely hard is to weed out the premeds who aren't really interested in science/med, but even non-premeds with certain majors HAVE to take this class.  I think the idea should be to present Cell Bio in an interesting (if possible) and learnable way (Dr. Klein, who by the way is an awesome Orgo Chem prof, shares similar views), and people who really don't like science or medicine will fall out anyway with the MCAT (which is already crazy difficult), but that doesn't mean the class should not be passable (I have heard that a large chunk of the class last year had D's or lower).  Anyway, that's just my point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment